1:1 Financial Counselling and Group Education sessions available
Money Matters one-on-one financial counselling is available Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons, or other times if needed. Call for an appointment: 905-574-1334 x208
Invitations to upcoming workshops will be posted in the foodbank and on our social media (Twitter, Facebook). These workshops are by registration, and bus tickets are available to assist participants to attend.
- Drafting and updating a household budget
- Organizing and explaining bills, paperwork, collection letters, government forms, credit reports
- Calls to creditors to negotiate debt repayment
- Calls to government agencies to rectify issues or access new program supports
- Discussion and encouragement around modifying spending habits to better live within income assistance
- Assistance with application forms: government, housing supports, etc.
CLOSED due to COVID-19
Our Financial Counselling program has been put on hold until further notice due to the COVID-19 closures. We wish our community members a safe and happy summer.
“Meeting with the Counsellor and talking about my finances helped me make a plan.
It feels like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders!”